Top 10 must-dos in Armenia in 2016
Despite being a relatively young tourism destination, Armenia is a country with myriads of traveler choices. In one of our earlier articles, we presented 7 weighty reasons why you should explore Armenia in 2015. Whether you’re a fervent hiker or passive rest lover, history geek or a gourmet, you’re sure to find anything to your taste in Armenia.
Below is a checklist of 10 must-do experiences you are sure to enjoy during your trip to Armenia in 2016.
- Spend a perfect weekend in the capital of Armenia, vibrant city of Yerevan boasting rich historical and cultural heritage.
- Relish an unforgettable honeymoon with your significant other in Armenian “velvet” autumn or mesmerizing pink-and-white spring.
- Get adrenaline rush zip-lining and paragliding in Armenia against the background of lush landscapes.
- Savor tolma, harissa, spas, bread with zhengyal and other delicacies of Armenian cuisine in one of the lively eating venues.
- “Soar” above mystic Vorotan Gorge on the world’s longest ropeway to behold enthralling beauty of Tatev Monastery.
- Bathe, dive or windsurf in the azure waters of the Lake Sevan, one of the largest freshwater lakes in the world.
- Challenge yourself and ascend one of the summits of 4-peak Aragats, the highest point of Armenia.
- Explore gems of medieval Armenian architecture, some of which, by the way, are included in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Indulge your wanderlust in lesser -discovered and mysterious sights in Armenia and Artsakh, the second Armenian state.
- And finally, go back home with authentic Armenian souvenirs including carpets, brandy and handmade items.
Armenia is a less-trodden yet an enticing tourist path. Already tempted to explore the country? Contact us and we’ll organize an unforgettable trip to Armenia.
Images: Ayas Tour, Andranik Keshishyan, Karen Tokhatyan, Ali Doosti, Vigen Avanesyan, Armen Sarkisyan
Text: Sirvard Amatuni
« 7 old must-see buildings in Yerevan
Copyright 2012-2015 Ayas Tour LLC